Slip and Fall

It seems like almost everybody is familiar with the phrase slip and fall. Most often, people use it to refer to a type of accident where someone either slips, or somehow loses their footing, falls down, and suffers an injury while on someone else’s property. Quite commonly, the slip occurs because there is some foreign substance on the floor (i.e. water or juice in a grocery store). But the phrase can also properly encompass a situation where a person trips and falls over a foreign object that shouldn’t be in their path. Either way, as unfortunate as these situations are, they do happen with some regularity. Having the right personal injury attorney by your side, like Jordan Redavid, can make all the difference.

What Is A Slip and Fall Case?

Slip and fall accidents are properly couched as premises liability case, which means that a property owner who had a duty to ensure his or her premises were safe for visitors breached that duty, causing injuries. The injured person may then bring a lawsuit against that property owner, which can be a homeowner, business owner, or management companies of a large commercial property (e.g. hotel, shopping center, etc.).

The goal is always for the injured party to receive just compensation for their injuries. To do that, though, it’ll take three things: first, you must show that the property owner knew or should have known about the dangerous condition that caused the injury; second, that the property owner failed to repair or remedy the situation, or at least give a proper warning; and third, the dangerous condition was the cause of the injuries suffered. This process of proof can be dependent upon many details, which is why it is essential to hire one of the best slip and fall lawyers in Miami to ensure your case gets the value it deserves.

Perhaps the most common misconception about a slip and fall case is that if you are hurt on someone else’s property, you will automatically win your case and recover money from that property owner. That’s not always true. While businesses that are open to the public do have a duty to maintain to maintain a reasonably-safe premises, quite often they will argue that they either rid their property of the unsafe condition, couldn’t reasonably have been aware of it, or even if they were, that they put up sufficient notice to warn customers of the condition.

Medical Expenses After a Slip and Fall

Often the person who slips and falls will suffer injuries and will need to seek medical attention. Because treatment needs may vary, from ER visits, chiropractic adjustments, diagnostic testing to orthopedic consults and physical therapy, medical bills can become large very quickly. Some property owners will carry Med-Pay or Medical Payment Coverage. That’s supposed to cover the medical bills you incur within 1 year of the accident–regardless of whether the property owner was at fault or not. Unfortunately, though, like most insurance policies, coverage is very limited.

If you have health insurance, Medicaid, or Medicare, chances are some or all of your medical bills will be covered by your carrier. If you elect to have your insurance company pay your bills, your insurance carrier will have a “right of subrogation”–meaning that they will have the right to be reimbursed out of any money that it paid for your treatment related to your injury.

Letter of Protection

Depending on the circumstances, I may be able to secure a Letter of Protection arrangement with a private physician. A Letter of Protection is an agreement between you, me, and a doctor wherein all parties agree that you will be provided your medical treatments without being directly billed for it. The parties will further agree the attorney will pay any outstanding medical bills from any settlement or favorable judgment. The client does pay medical bills, but only at the conclusion of the case, and only out of money recovered from the property owner. If no recovery is made, then the client will not be responsible for any of their medical bills.

Additional Services

I handle all varieties of criminal defense, DUI, civil rights and personal injury cases.


In criminal defense, results matter most. I am able to handle a wide variety of criminal matters successfully, including:

  • Traffic Offenses
  • Juvenile
  • Theft
  • Criminal Records
  • Conspiracy
  • DUI
  • Obstruction of Justice
  • Drug Charges
  • Weapons Charges
  • Fraud & White Collar
  • Violent Crimes
  • Appeals
  • Sex Offenses


I began my career as Miami DUI attorney, and have valuable experience protecting individuals facing a DUI charge.

  • DUI Defense Options
  • DUI Penalties
  • Refusing Breath/Blood/Urine
  • Field Sobriety Exercises
  • Intoxilyzer 8000
  • Back on Track (BOT)
  • Boating Under the Influence


My goal is to get involved as early as possible to do everything I can to help you or your loved one.

  • Cultivating/Manufacturing
  • Possession
  • Paraphernalia
  • Sale/Trafficking
  • FL v. Federal
  • Medical Marijuana in Florida


These crimes usually involve a variety of state and federal laws, and they demand the attention to detail I will give them.

  • Accounting Fraud
  • Extortion
  • Bank Fraud
  • Government Fraud
  • Bribery
  • Medicare/Medicaid & Healthcare Fraud
  • Counterfeiting & Forgery
  • Credit Card Fraud
  • Import/Export
  • Embezzlement
  • Breach of Contract
  • Insider Trading
  • Investment Fraud
  • Internet Crimes
  • Mail & Wire Fraud
  • Money Laundering
  • Mortgage Fraud
  • Racketeering


Our rights serve as the bedrock of our democratic society. That’s why when those rights are violated, the violators need to be brought to justice.

  • Civil Rights
  • Civil action for deprivation of rights (42 U.S.C. § 1983)
  • Malicious Prosecution
  • Breach of Contract


The key to success in such cases is not limited to what occured; it is also tied to how you and your lawyer respond.

  • Auto Accidents
  • Negligent Security
  • Slip and Fall
  • Dog Bites
  • Product Liability
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Wrongful death

For help right away, or a free initial consultation, email any time of the day or night, or call 305-938-9939. I answer calls and email 24/7.